Sunday, August 9, 2015

Products I Like: Power Crunch protein energy bars

      Im always keeping my eyes open for new products that can help me, as well as other bariatric patients and dieters, with my protein rich dietary needs.  Yesterday I found myself visiting the pharmacy section at my local store to find some protein goodies I could take on my trip home to visit family and stumbled upon a line called Power Crunch.
french vanilla créme Nutrition Facts
     Most protein bars that I have come across are rather high in carbs and sugars.  With my dietary needs after surgery it is important to keep my daily intake of carbs under my daily intake of protein.  My store only had boxes of the french vanilla créme and chocolate mint so I bought one of each for my trip.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that these bars are high in protein while being lower in carbs and protein.  The vanilla créme for example offered 200 calories, 13g of fat, 8g of carbs, 5g of sugar, and 14g of protein per bar.  Now the fat content is a little high but still reasonable for a once a day treat.  These protein energy bars resemble a covered sugar wafer cookie and are surprisingly delicious.  I checked out their website, powercrunch.com, and learned that their bars come in 7 flavors; Peanut Butter Fudge, Triple Chocolate, Peanut Butter Créme, French Vanilla Créme, Cookies & Créme, Wild Berry Créme, & Chocolate Mint.  It also appears that the company is not limited to this protein bar alone and has other products available as well including other bars, drinks, and powders.  I look forward to keeping these in my arsenal of dietary needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment